I need help with these questions”
- Ricardo believes that, rather than progressing through a sequence of stages, mental processes gradually get more complex and efficient. Ricardo is most likely a proponent of ________.
Information processing theory
Need Help Writing an Essay?
Tell us about your assignment and we will find the best writer for your paper. Our Essay writing service covers over 243 courses and programs, catering to your specific needs.Write My Essay For Me!
- Louis discovers that the experiences he has in his developmental psychology class help him to deal with the children he works with at a daycare center. This relationship is best described by Bronfenbrenner’s notion of _________.
- Dr. Lund stages a fire drill at the elementary school in order to study how children respond to potential emergency situations. Dr. Lund’s method would best be described as a(n) _________.
- You are reading the results of a study that tracked how a particular individual’s religious beliefs changed over the course of her life. The study you are reading is most likely a(n) __________ study.
- Which statement is not consistent with ethical research?
Subject responses should be confidential.
Never tell subjects if they’ve been deceived.
Minimize the risks to subjects.
Give subjects the right to withdraw from the research without penalty.
- Which results would not support the idea that genes play a significant role in behavior?
finding dizygotic twins to be more similar than monozygotic twins
finding children to be more similar to their biological parents than to their adoptive parents
finding similarities between biological siblings
finding monozygotic twins to be more similar than pairs of unrelated individuals
- Halley is 40-years-old, and she and her daughter Berry, 20, are both currently pregnant. Which statement concerning these two mothers is most accurate?
Berry has a greater risk of giving birth to a baby with sickle-cell anemia.
Halley is twice as fertile as Berry.
Berry’s odds of having a baby with Down Syndrome are three times higher than Halley’s.
Halley has a greater risk of having a miscarriage.
- How many of the following (aspirin, nicotine, cocaine, caffeine) are potential teratogens?
- Maternal stress is most likely to negatively impact a developing embryo/fetus when that stress is _________________.
intermittent and extreme
intermittent and moderate
chronic and extreme
chronic and moderate
- Huntington’s disease is an unusual genetic disorder in that it is a fatal disease caused by dominant alleles that ____________.
impact late enough in life so that the individual can reproduce
are controllable through diet
both must come from mom
strike only males
- Self-reports are a rather easy and quick way to gather information, there are fewer potential ethical issues than many other forms of research, and they are relatively inexpensive. Why aren’t they the method of choice for developmental research?
respondents can refuse to participate
selective non-responses to certain questions
respondents don’t tell the truth or distort their beliefs or facts about their life (socially desirable responses)
respondents cannot elaborate on answers and can only choose from available option
© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 10, 2019, 5:03 am ad1c9bdddf
Hope this helps with your understanding of the answers to these specific questions. In the attachment I have put in bold the correct answer, given an explanation of why that is the correct answer from the list of options and for most of them have given you a link to further information in case you want to look into any of the theories more intensively.
I have also included my notes to each question here that should aid you in your understanding:
- Information processing theory evolved from Piaget’s theory to account for how children’s cognitive processes change over time. The information processing theories are based on the assumptions that the human mind is a complex system; a symbol manipulating, and that information flows through the human mind. This theory assumes that changes in cognitive functioning occur through the combination of improvements in basic capacities, strategies and content knowledge.
- The microsystem is the small, immediate environment that directly influences the child (e.g. family, school, religious institutions, neighborhood, peers).
The mesosystem refers to how the different parts of a child’s microsystem work together for the sake of the …
Can You Do My Homework for Me?
YES, ⚡ Experience the brilliance of our essay writers from the US, UK, Canada, or Australia by entrusting us with your next essay.
NursingEssayHub.com is a distinguished essay writing agency that specializes in offering expert writing help and assistance to students across all academic levels. With a team of highly skilled writers and editors boasting years of academic writing experience, we are fully equipped to guide you throughout the entire process, from selecting the perfect topic for your paper to completing a thorough literature review and delivering a well-formatted final draft.
ORDER A SIMILAR ESSAY WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH at : https://nursingessayhub.com/